Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quote That

Since the age of 13 I've kept a small quote notebook. I write quotes from books or movies that I liked. The notebook is finally filled; 52 pages of quotey goodness! I thought I would share some of my favorites. Most are funny, because I love a good one-liner.

Warning: Since this was a private notebook so the proper rules of quotations and citations were ignored. There are misquotes galore!


"Men! Give them a breath and they'll argue with it. - unknown I'm pretty sure it's from a fanfic I read

"There's a name for you ladies but it isn't used in high society out side of a kennel - The Women

"Hand him a ladder so he can get over himself" - Camper, Television Without Pity

"When one's is striding bravely into the future one connot watch one's footing" - Elizabeth Peters, The Mummy Case

"Experts say you should never hit your children in anger. When is a good time? When your feeling festive?"- Roseanne

"He'd been an angel once. He hadn't meant to Fall. He'd just hung around with the wrong people." - Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett, Good Omens

"Nothing gladens my simple heart like a really big load of cheap crap" - Tim Moore, The Grand Tour

"Religions are just cults with more members" - Neichzte

"In reality there has been only one Christian, and he died on the Cross" - Neichzte

"What good is wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if no one asks to see them?" - Calvin and Hobbes

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy" - Finding Nemo

I loved my mummy and with difficulty held back a sudden urge to summon her loudly - Tim Moore, Frost on My Mustache


I took these quotes in 2002-2003. Can you tell I took Philosophy during that time?

More quotes here and here

No comments: