Thursday, January 3, 2008

Best of 2007

During the past week there have many "Best of 2007" lists published and here is my list to add to those other pointless lists.

But I have some problems.

I can't do a "Best Movies of 2007" because I've only went to the movies three times in 2007.
(I saw The Simpson's Movie, the Harry Potter movie, and Enchanted)

I only read one book that was actually published during 2007, so no best books list.
(It was the Harry Potter book)

I also can't do a best CD list because I haven't bought a CD in over a year.
(But I can recommend Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge by The The Pierces, Betcha Bottom Dollar by The Puppini Sisters, Era Vulgaris by Queens of the Stone Age, Icky Thump by The White Stripes, Fort Nightly by White Rabbits, The Needles The Space by Straylight Run, Paris-Berlin by Stereo Total, Inside Out by Emmy Rossum, and The Black and White Album by The Hives

Buuuuuuut, I listened to and downloaded lots of songs in 2007, so:

The Best Songs of 2007

10.
Song: "Umbrella"
Artist: Rihanna feat. Jay-Z
Album: Good Girl Gone Bad
I have such a girl crush on Rihanna; she's to pretty and perfect

9.
Song: "Everyone Is Someone's"
Artist: Rio En Medio
Album: Bride of Dynamite
A trippy folksy anti-war lullaby thingy.

8.
Song: "I Was Married"
Artist: Tegan And Sara
Album: The Con

7.
Song: "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race"
Artist: Fall Out Boy
Album: Infinity on High
I usually can't stand Fall Out Boy, but, for some reason, I was addicted to this song

6.
Song: "Please"
Artist: Lavender Diamond
Album: The Cavalry of Light
Sounds like The Carpenters, and I mean that in a good way

5.
Song: "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"
Artist: T.V. Carpio
Album: Across the Universe Soundtrack
I haven't seen the movie this is from, but I love this song. I think it might be better than the original Beatles version (Blasphemy, I know)

4.
Song: "Come to Me"
Artist: Koop
Album: Koop Islands

3.
Song: "Come on Petunia"
Artist: The Blow
Album: Poor Aim: Love Songs
Fun song with some The Police thrown in

2.
Song: "Timebomb"
Artist: Beck
Album: none

1.
Song: "About Schroeder"
Artist: No More Kings
Album: No More Kings
A short and pretty song about a silly subject (The Peanuts Gang). I cry like a girly-girl every time I hear it.


Anyone have 2008 music recs?

No comments: