Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Kitties: Part 2

Over here I posted about my big cat and now here's a post about my little cat.

A co-worker of my mother's had a cat that gave birth to kittens. A few days after givng birth, the cat was killed by a coyote. My mom's co-worker had to bottle feed the kittens every two hours, plus she had to go to work and take care of her own family. After a few days, she was feeling overwhelmed by the situation. My mom heard about the situation and volunteered me has a surrogate kitten mommy and said I would be willing to take one in of the kittens. My mom called me and told me to come get a kitten, which I gladly did.

I had a few weeks of sleepless nights. I was peed on more than once. There was that one time I rolled over the kitty's tail with an office chair. But it's been almost eight months and both me and kitty have survived.

(Some of these were taken with a disposable camara and are not the best quality)


Here is kitty on the day I got him


In a pocket!


A little older


Adorable!


Looking rat-like


For Halloween I wrapped kitty up in tinfoil so he could be the Tin Man, but the foil wouldn't stay on. All that survived was the TinTail


A little older


Fascinated with the goldfish


Asleep at the computer...


...with his face smashed against the keyboard


Close-up



Extreme close-up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm posting a comment just to have you wonder who the hell I am (in a completely non-creepy way of course).

Oh, and cute kitty. But you can't really go wrong with pictures of kittens, they're adorable by default.

LilyFair said...

:P